My guy friends have been asking for a post on Mens fashion since a while and when I stumbled upon these drool-worthy snapshots of stylish men on a streetstyle blog, I took out my notepad and jotted down a few tips that I would like to point out to see more men dressed like the ones in these pictures. Here goes!
- Own a pair of white jeans. They are the equivalent of a womans little black dress.
- Layering isn't just for the ladies. Fish out your waistcoats, double breasted jackets and vests and layer on! Keep it simple, don't mix patterns and you're good to go.
- The world judges you by your shoes so if you're investing in one item, make the shoes good!
- Brown belt and black shoes is an absolute no. Always match these two.
- Plaid was a trend in 2010. Lets keep up with the calendar and leave the checks where they belong - in the past!
- Cardigans portray effortless style.
- Dress according to your body shape. If you're heavy on the belly, round neck tee's aren't for you. Instead, opt for collared ones.
- Don't be afraid to wear pink. Just the fact that you took the chance by trying it is earning you brownie points.
- Wearing a logo on your belt doesn't make you stylish. If you want to flaunt your bank balance, invest in a watch.
- When in doubt, wear Ralph Lauren.
- Shorts and a shirt make a fantastic combination. (Make sure the shorts aren't plaid and/or nylon)
- Nike is for the playground. Keep it there!
- Lastly, just as Barney Stinson would say - nothing beats a well fitted suit.
P.S. - Don't be intimidated by the pictures below. That can only be attained with practice. Nevertheless, you have to start somewhere :)
Whether its donning paisley prints with a cardigan, texturing leather with wool or rocking a navajo trouser, these men had me drooling for their style. This is the truest and most explicit form of eye candy! What makes it better? Its a rare sight.
(Via the Sartiorialist & Streetsfn)